Black Hills Sports Show and Outdoor Exposition Rules and Regulations
Authorized representatives of the Event are herein referred to as “Show Management.”
- Payments and Refunds.
Space reservations must be accompanied by signed contract and 100% of rental fee. Applications will not be processed nor space assigned unless the application is accompanied by said payment. It is expressly agreed by the exhibitor that, in the event he fails to pay the space rental at the times specified or fails to comply with any other provisions contained in these rules and regulations concerning his use of exhibit space, Show Management shall have the right to reassign the booth location shown on the face of this contract or to take possession of said space and lease same or any part of it to such parties and on such terms as they deem proper. In the event of a default by the exhibitor, as set forth in the previous sentence, the exhibitor shall forfeit the amount paid by him for his space reservation, regardless of whether or not Show Management enters into a further lease for the space involved. If the show is not held for any reason whatsoever, the rental and lease of space shall be terminated and deposits refunded. Weather conditions will not justify any type of refunds.
- Authorized Representative.
Each exhibitor must name a representative who is responsible for the installation, operation, and removal of the firm’s exhibit. Such representative shall be authorized to enter into such service contracts as may be necessary and for which the exhibitor shall be responsible. The exhibitor shall assume responsibility for such representative being in attendance throughout all show periods and this representative shall be responsible for keeping the exhibit neat, manned and orderly at all times.
- Space Rental and Assignment of Location.
Show Management reserves the right to refuse rental or display space to any company whose display of goods and services is not, in the opinion of Show Management, compatible with the general character and objectives of the NPOE. Whenever possible, space assignments will be made by Show Management in keeping with location preferences requested by the exhibitor. Show Management, however, reserves the right to make the final determination of all space assignments in the best interests of the Event, including relocation of the exhibit from the location stated on the contract.
- Installment and Removal – Exhibit Hours.
Show Management reserves the right to fix the time for installation of exhibits prior to the show’s opening and for their removal after the conclusion of the show. Installation of exhibits may commence one day prior to show, and must be completed at least one hour prior to the opening of the show. Any space not claimed may be sold or reassigned by Show Management. Exhibits may not be removed until after the close of the show. Removal must be completed by 10:00 p.m. Sunday night. Exhibits are to be open and manned during the show hours. Vehicles will be moved in and out according to Show Manager’s schedule.
- Booth Construction and Special RequirementsStandard booths will have an 8′ high back drape and 3′ high side rails. Signs or other features may not exceed the 8′ height unless special arrangements are made in advance with Show Management. Displays or other features in the front 3′ of the booth must not interfere with a clear view of neighboring booths. All surfaces which can be seen from any aisle or from any other booth must be finished. Special electrical requirements, phone lines and internet connections are available on advance request and must be paid for when installed. Water and/or drain facilities are not guaranteed, but may be available under certain circumstances and must be negotiated in advance with Show Management. Additional lighting may be needed. An extension cord may be needed to reach each outlet, if electricity is needed for your booth.
- Operation of Displays.
- Show Management reserves the right to restrict the operation of or evict completely any exhibit which, in its opinion, detracts from the character and objectives of the exhibit as a whole. This includes, but is not limited to, exhibits which because of noise, flashing lights, methods of operation, or display of unsuitable material, are determined by Show Management to be objectionable to the successful conduct of the Event as a whole.
- Exhibits which include the operation of musical instruments, sound projection equipment, public address systems or any noisemaking machines must be operated so that noise resulting from the demonstration will not annoy or disturb adjacent exhibitors and their patrons, nor cause the aisles to be blocked. Operation of noise-making exhibits must secure approval of operating methods before exhibit opens.
- No helium balloons allowed.
- Exhibitors must cease the distribution of samples of any kind whenever such activity blocks the aisles or in any way handicaps nearby exhibitors.
- Booth representatives, including models or demonstrators, must be properly clothed. No scanty or excessively revealing attire will be permitted.
- All demonstrations or other activities must be confined to the limits of the exhibitor’s rental space. Distribution of circulars or signage may be made only within the space assigned to the exhibitor presenting such materials. No advertising circulars, catalogues, folders or devices shall be distributed by exhibitors in the aisles, meeting rooms, registration areas, lounges, grounds, or other facilities. Demonstrations and/or sales will not be allowed in parking lots provided for Civic Center patrons.
- Exhibits and Public Policy.
Each exhibitor is charged with knowledge of all laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to health, fire prevention and public safety while participating in this show. Should an exhibitor have any questions as to the application of such laws, ordinances, and regulations, Show Management will endeavor to answer them or direct the exhibitor to the best source of information.
- Liability and Insurance.
All property of the exhibitor remains under his control in transit to and from the exhibit hall and while it is in the confines of the exhibit hall. Neither the Show Managers, their service contractors, the management of the Rapid City Civic Center, nor any officers, staff members, or directors of any of the same are responsible for the safety of the property of exhibitors from theft, damage by fire, accident, vandalism or other causes. The exhibitor expressly waives and releases any claim or demand he may have against these persons by reason of damage to or loss of any property of the exhibitor. Show Management shall not be held responsible for liability claims in the individual exhibit areas.
Show Managers will provide a security guard during the time of the Show and during move-in and move-out on the days immediately preceding and following the Show. Civic Center security personnel will provide security nightly from Show closing to Show opening, and at times outside scheduled move-in and move-out on days preceding and following the Show. However, this security provision, in no way, lessens the responsibility of the exhibitor stated in the preceding paragraph.
- Agreement Subject to Terms of Show Management’s Lease.
This agreement between the exhibitor and Show Management is subject to the terms of the lease between Show Management and the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center. Exhibitors shall not undertake any act, or fail to fulfill any obligation, which shall be in violation of said lease.
- EXHIBITOR SHALL NOT SUBLEASE OR SHARE SPACE WITH ANOTHER COMPANY OR EXHIBITOR WITHOUT EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF SHOW MANAGEMENT.
- No food or refreshments may be provided or sold to the public without written consent from Show Management.
- ONLY NEW MERCHANDISE WILL BE DISPLAYED FOR SALE IN THIS SHOW.
- Only vehicles related to outdoors can be shown.